Sunday, February 20, 2011

H.I.G.H. Tea

Saturday was the Ladie's H.I.G.H Tea at our church... Every year we have a Ladie's HIGH Tea- HIGH stands for Hearts In God's Hands.  It's a wonderful ministry that a few ladies started awhile back, one of them being my mother.  I have always been involved in some capacity. It's just a fun way to spend a lazy winter afternoon. 

This was myself, my mom, and my sister at last year's HIGH tea (I was a few months pregnant in this picture but you can't really tell!)



There has always been a HIGH tea around Valentine's Day, so for the past 5 (?) years I made handmade valentine cards for each guest.  It is always sooo much work, and I always put if off until the last minute!! Here is an example of cards I made for last year's tea:

This year I did not make the cards that I usually make, due to being busy with my 4 month old.  I did print out little favor cards for everyone though.  They had a design similar to this:
              True Love
For God so lo V ed the world
     That He g A ve
            his on L y
          Begott E n
                So N
                     T hat whosoever
      Believeth I n Him
         Should N ot perish,
     But have E verlasting life.
                           John 3:16

This year, Abigail and I attended the tea- it was Abigail's very first HIGH tea.  There were about 50 ladies who attended this year, which is a great turnout for a small congregation such as my church.  Ladies come from all over, many different denominations.  We welcome anyone!

We start out with welcome and prayer, then we eat!! Of course, with this being a church function, there is always great food!! I made mini cheesecakes which turned out well, and there were sooo many other different finger foods/desserts.  And of course, there was the tea!



I could wish you joy and peace
To last a whole life long,
I could wish you sunshine,
Or a cheerful little song,
Or wish you all the happiness
That this life could bring

But I wish you Jesus,
But I wish you Jesus,
But I wish you Jesus,
More than anything.

I could wish you leaves of gold,
And may your path be smooth,
I could wish you treasures,
Or that all your dreams come true,
And I could wish you paradise,
That ev'ry day be spring,

But I wish you Jesus,
But I wish you Jesus,
But I wish you Jesus,
Cause when I wish you Jesus,
I've wished you ev'rything





It was all in all a great afternoon.  Abigail enjoyed herself.  She got lots of hugs and kisses from the ladies.  She didn't make it all the way through though- it was a long day for her, and she fell asleep until about halfway through.  I can probably speak for herself when I say we cannot wait for next years!

My mom, my daughter (Abigail), and myself at this year's HIGH Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment