Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Daddy's Day!

This past Sunday was Father's Day.  This day is always difficult for me, since my own father passed away of lung cancer when I was 13 years old.  And this year with Pop Pop being gone not quite 2 years, it's even more difficult, since he was basically my father as well.

However, now Ryan is a daddy so I think that helped me to focus more positively on Father's Day this year.

The entire weekend was great... Just having him home on weekends is great. He came straight home Friday evening instead of having dinner with the "guys" so he was come at 8:00 pm!! 
Saturday we worked in the yard- Ryan put down mulch and I planted flowers.  And yes, that is the order we did it- I know I know, it's backwards!! I didn't decide I wanted to plant anything until after he had come home with a load of mulch and he really wanted to get started on it then and not wait until I got flowers.  So that took up a lot of our Saturday, but it was relaxing other than that. 

Sunday we went to church and then we headed to Texas Roadhouse for an earlier lunch. We don't go there often and it's one of Ryan's favorite places to get a good steak.  It was a good thing we went early because it sure was hopping when we left!! 

We spent Sunday afternoon together and then he had to head back to the academy :(

I am a terrible mother- I didn't get a good picture of the 2 of them on Ryan's first Father's Day!!!  I totally meant to and the day just got away from us. 

Ryan is such a wonderful daddy to Abigail.  He was very unsure of whether he was "ready" to be a daddy back when we were discussing trying for a baby.   However, since day 1, he has just been a natural!! He doesn't mind the (poopy) diapers, pushing the stroller (around Lowes!) or loving all over her. He will be such a great role model in her life, and I cannot wait to watch them together during the years to come. 

I love watching the two of them connect with each other, especially on the weekends since he is gone during the week.  I love the light in her eyes when she looks at him, and the love in his eyes when he looks at her (or even just talks about her!).  They just have that special daddy-daughter connection and I love to watch them together!!!  She is definitely already a true "daddy's girl".  





 (This was the only one I got from Father's Day- silly me!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment