Thursday, April 28, 2011

First Easter

Sorry I haven't posted all week- it has been quite the whirlwind week, and I am exhausted. 

This past Sunday was Easter Sunday-  Christ is risen indeed!!!  See the lyrics to one of my favorite songs appropriate for Easter at the end of this post. 

It was a wonderful, beautiful day- it was definitely a spring day!!!

We did not get to the 7:00 am "sunrise" service at church, but we did make it to the breakfast that my church has every Easter Sunday.  It was delightful, with an egg casserole, biscuits, ham, and fruit.  Abigail is big enough to sit in highchairs when we are out now!

Of course, she was decked out in an Easter dress. One of my favorite memories from growing up was getting a new dress for Easter Sunday- always so dressy!! That was probably one of the only times I actually enjoyed wearing a dress :)


Friday before Easter, Abigail took a little tumble on the floor and of course, her nose looked terrible on Sunday- she had a big scab!!! That combined with Ryan's black eye that he got at his state police training-  there was something wrong with all of us, except for myself!!



We had our Easter Cantata at church- I sang in it with the choir but Ryan did not this year, since he was not able to practice at all.  It was shorter than normal, but it was nice- I hope we sounded good!

I wasn't planning on it, but I ended up making Abigail her very first Easter Basket.  It had some new toys, an Eeyore onesie, and some other things.  She has loved her new toys!! Mom made her a basket as well, with some summer outfits.  Next year I am sure it will be full of candy!


We had dinner at our house, just us and my mom that afternoon.  It was a nice dinner, completed with Ham, Mac and Cheese, mixed veggies, potato salad and rolls.  We had pineapple upside down cake for dessert.  Ryan had to study for a bit, and Abigail was content playing on the floor with Camden nearby.  It was SUCH the nice spring day- I had to break out some of her summer outfits!!

Then Ryan had to head back to Sykesville...it's always so hard to see him go, and Sunday was especially difficult for me, for some reason. 

I get to see him tomorrow night, though- yay!!

I will try to post more this weekend.



Glorious Day by Casting Crowns
One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever

One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

One day they led Him up Calvary’s mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He’s ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
From rising again

One day the trumpet
will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
My Savior, Jesus, is mine

Oh, glorious day .....


 




No comments:

Post a Comment