Monday, April 11, 2011

BabyWearing..and Walking the Dog :)

I was recently given a Baby Bjorn baby carrier from a co-worker to borrow.  I figured I would check it out and see if Abigail likes to be "baby-wore".  I have read so much about "baby-wearing", as it's called, but just wasn't quite sure if it's for me and Abigail or not.   

Up until today, I had only wore the baby carrier once out in the yard a few weeks ago when Ryan was working in the flowerbeds.  At that time, Abigail was facing me, and quickly became agitated and didn't appear to enjoy it for long.  I found out that she can also face out and thought she might like that better.  She loves checking out her surroundings (let's face it- she's nosy, just like me!)

Today was a gorgeous day, as was this evening, so tonight I decided to try out a walk with Abigail and Camden.  Ryan had told me this weekend that he thought it might be a good idea to try and walk Camden on the nice evenings (try to get some of her energy out).  This could have very quickly turned into quite an adventure, or an ordeal, but actually, (surprisingly) it was a nice pleasant walk.  I had no troubles at all!! We took the "short route" which is probably 3/4 of a mile.  Camden ran into some dogs along the way, but I got her calmed down and she wasn't too much trouble to contain.  Abigail was content to suck on either her or my fingers for the entire walk.  She also loved watching Camden walk in front of us.






All in all, it was a very pleasant experience.  One I would highly recommend.  :)  I am looking forward to using the carrier again on another nice day, or evening.

I should also note that when in Baltimore last month, I tested out the Ergo baby carrier with Abigail and like that a lot better (so much easier for me to figure out how to secure her in, with the Baby Bjorn I have to fiddle with it a lot, and I get easily frustrated).  Abigail also seemed to really enjoy the Ergo.  I actually recently won an Ebay bid for a Brand New Ergo Carrier, and I got it for a LOT Less than the regular store price!! I am excited for that to arrive in the next few weeks, hopefully!

I am sure I will be posting more in the future on baby carriers and baby wearing!

2 comments: