Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend Away

This week has gotten away from me.  I feel like all week I have been playing catch up since we went away last weekend.  We headed up to Waynesboro (PA) and spent time with Ryan's mom and his family.  His brother and our sister in law came up Saturday and spent the night at my mother in laws house as well, so it was good time together.

Saturday evening we had a cookout at Ryans sisters house.   I had never been to her house, and it was a good time.  We ate hamburgers and hot dogs, had some goooood food.  and great desserts, courtesy of my sister in law Anjuli!! 
After we ate, the boys played West Virginia Horseshoes, as Ryan calls it.  He loves that game.  I didn't play, I was keeping an eye on my little girl... Emilee hung out with Abigail in the yard while the boys played...everyone just relaxed.. it was just a good time.  Then we got to sit on the back porch while it stormed... Kelly swore it was going to miss us, but we got a pretty nasty storm.

Alyson and Abigail- cousins
 Emilee and Abigail- cousins

 Feeding Abigail dinner- I don't know why, but i love this one.  I had no idea Jen was taking a picture!!

Jason and Ryan playing West Virginia Horseshoes...
Everyone just hanging out, relaxing..


Nan with her girl
Blowing raspberries... I love this one!!


We were able to get some great family photos!!

Everyone minus Kelly, Jen's husband.


Sunday we spent time at Barbs house and then Ryan, Abigail and I headed back to his academy later that afternoon.  As always, I hate driving away without him to head home... he's about 2 1/2 hours away from home.  But as of today, we only have 11 weeks to go until his graduation!!  11 out of 26 isn't too darn bad... I know it will be here before I know it!

Monday was July 4th.  I had the day off from work, since daycare was closed.  Abigail and I spent the day at our house.  My mom was at the beach and I didn't really feel like driving down to Assateague , so we stayed home allll day.  I didn't even take a shower until 4:30, when I realized I should shower if I was going to a cookout at 5 that evening!!  We went over to the Murfrees and had a great time as always.  Great food, good fellowship.  God has blessed me tremendouly over the years with a great family like the Murfrees.  They are not just "friends" but truly my family.

All in all a great weekend.... it was an "okay" week- work is just been busy and I can't keep up.  I am exhausted from trying to keep up with everything between work and home this week!! I am ready to sleep in on Saturday, and spend an unplanned weekend with my hubby.

Love my little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment