Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Growing Girl

Last Friday we took Abigail to the doctor for her 2 month check up. I still cannot believe how quickly time flies. I think back often to her birth-day, which still seems like yesterday :)  She will be 10 weeks this coming Friday, yikes!

The doctor said that Abigail is doing terrific. She weighed in at 12 lbs 3 oz, and I think she is 22 1/2 inches long. She is in the 75th percentile, which is great!!

It is amazing to think that my body is providing the nutrition for Abigail, and she is growing so quickly because of what I provide for her!!! I had always wanted to at least try breastfeeding, and it seems to be going so very well!! I only hope that we can both continue to do well with breastfeeding, at least until she is 1 year.  We will find out- time is sure flying by!

The dr. could just barely hear her heart murmur this time, and he said the holes have probably closed up. I pray that they have!  We don't go back to the cardiologist until May, so hopefully by then, they will be completed closed.

Abigail loves to poop, and usually when she does, everyone can hear what is going on down there. She was lying on the table being measured by the nurse, and all of a sudden it sounds like a rainstorm coming from her behind!! It stops... then you hear more... then even more! Ryan was afraid to even open her diaper.  We got her cleaned up, and then went into the room to wait for the doctor, and then she did it again! This time, I changed her... I looked at her and asked her "are you done now?" and RIGHT after I asked her that, she pooped yet AGAIN!  It's amazing how a small cute baby can make that much stink!!! She is definitely getting what she needs!! And we think she laughs at us when she does it!

No comments:

Post a Comment