Saturday, September 10, 2011

Labor Day Weekend at Nans House

Sorry I didn't post this past week... had a lot of things going on and it wasn't a great week for me.

 
Last Friday, I was able to leave work a little early, and I was all packed up so once I picked Abigail up from daycare, we hit the road to pick up her Daddy and we went up to PA.  Stopped at Friendly's to eat dinner on the way... side note- the little toddler in the booth next to us was Abigail also, and she was sooo obsessed with our Abigail, she kept coming up to her highchair and just staring and wanting to touch.  It was cute.
Friendly's has always had somewhat of a special meaning between Ryan and I, because our first "non-date" date was there.... before we started "Dating" we went there in York, just the 2 of us, and paid our own selves (that is why it was a "non-date" date in our minds at that time).  We no longer have Friendlys in Salisbury (I still have issues with that) so we try to eat there if we can.


Anyway, we got to Nan's later Friday evening and Abigail aas up wayyy past her bedtime, but she doesn't get to see Nan much so it was okay.  We had a terrible time getting her to fall asleep... she just doesn't want to fall asleep when we are in the same room.  Eventually she did settle down thank goodness.  I was able to sleep in Saturday morning while Ryan took Abigail downstairs and had some good daddy-daughter time.


Saturday was a whirlwind of just family and lots going on.  Even though it was Jason and AJ's 1 year wedding anniversary weekend, they came up Saturday mid day, and stayed over.  We have probably gotten together with them more this year, then any other year.  It's a great thing though- we all have busy lives but try to get together when we can. 


Saturday afternoon/evening we had just about the entire family over for cookout at Barbs... Ryan's aunt and 2 cousins were there, and his one cousin's 3 boys came- I think the last time we had seen them was one year ago, at Jason and AJ's wedding!  Also, Ryan's sister Jen and her hubby and 2 girls came.  It was a nice gathering and great food, as always.  Ryan and his brother manned the grill. 





(Ryan took this picture of me and Abigail and I look terrible, so don't focus on me, but on Abigail!)

 
We had a late Saturday night, and then slept in Sunday for a bit.  We spent time with the family and headed back Sunday afternoon.  Dropped Ryan off and Abigail and I headed home, and got home about 7:45.  It is always exhausting traveling with her, but well worth it.  And my allergies weren't as bad this time!! I was very pleased about that.  Abigail did great in the car- even though she was in her carseat for about 4 hours, almost never heard a peep out of her.  I love it that way1


Her nan got her a new toy, secondhand, and Abigail loved it- she could walk with it!! It was so great to see her doing new things.  She has a little waddle, and it's sooo adorable.



Abigail will be 11 months this thursday... I cannot believe it.  I guess I better get to planning her (small) First Birthday party!! We are not going to have anything big, but just family.  We will have a big one next time.  Maybe.


Ryan is home this weekend but has to leave tonight... that stinks.  HOWEVER, we will only have one more weekend then the week after that he GRADUATES!  I can't believe it.  We have gotten through 24 weeks so far.  In ways it has dragged on...and in other ways, it has flown by. 

Hopefully this coming week will go by just a teeny bit faster than the past one.  I guess I will find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment